Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fetus-Hood

I know I am a week late saying this, but our little surfer baby has officially made it to....FETUS-HOOD.  No longer an ear-looking embryo, it has graduated to an extremely small baby...as small as a green olive or grape!

The past ten days have actually been pretty nice.  I don't want to jinx myself, but I have only had a little nausea here and there (luckily no more vomiting...cross your fingers!).  I still don't have the best appetite - when I feel hungry I have to eat immediately or it's too late...then the heartburn and acid indigestion set in and I don't want to even see or hear about food!

I have started having some cravings.  I've noticed that I love cheesy junk foods! Doritos, Cheetos, and cheddar cheese goldfish have been helping me get through the past week and a half.  I hope the baby has been enjoying the cheesy goodness as much as I have - ha ha. I know. I know.  I need to be eating healthy foods - well I have the next 7.5 months to do so!

OH! And Fruity Pebbles!  I can't forget the fruity pebbles I eat everyday  for breakfast.  Just thinking about fruity pebbles makes me want to go fix a bowl - yummm.

I feel like a crazy person because I dream about food all the time - I constantly think about what I can't wait to eat when I get to the U.S.  on the 25th.  A week from tomorrow and I will be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want. (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...probably a bad thing)  I have a feeling I am going to be HUGE when I get back to Costa Rica in September - Rudy might disown me. LOL.

Anyway, tomorrow marks 10 weeks for my little surfer baby.  I hope he/she is super comfy down there.  We get to check on the baby next week before I leave for the States so I am really counting down the days.  Hopefully we'll have another ultrasound and get to hear the baby's heart beat again.

I'm also hoping the doctor will take me off of bed-rest so I can start exercising again!  I was just telling my brother, Jason, that I have no muscles what-so-ever in my body anymore - I'm like a noodle!  We were just joking about how I am going to be out of breath just riding the escalator trying to go through the airport next week - ha ha ha! (It's probably funnier to us, but if you all heard our conversation you'd be laughing too.)

OK - more about the baby.  Here's what TheBump.com has to say about the baby going into week 10:


Your Pregnancy: Week 10

Notice a network of tiny blue veins crisscrossing your already achy breasts and (sorry) disappearing waistline? Though you may not love the new look, these veins carry the extra blood needed to nourish your burgeoning baby. You also might see the effects of pregnancy on your face -- in the form of major breakouts, that is. (Thanks, hormones.)











My waistline hasn't started disappearing just yet, but if I keep eating Doritos, Cheetos, and Fruity Pebbles like there's no tomorrow..then yes it will disappear very soon!

As far as the tiny blue veins go, at least I have some color on my body!  I'm starting to look like a ghost and I live in Costa Rica - LAME.

The breakouts have been with me since day freakin' one of this pregnancy.  Whoever said you're glowing during pregnancy was a LIAR - ha ha.  People keep saying, "Stephanie, you look so great!  Pregnancy looks good on you" - I just have to laugh because I know they're pulling that out of their...well you know.

Oh well...it's all for a good cause!

Here's some more info on week 10:


Baby's now the size of a prune!With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)















No comments:

Post a Comment