Sunday, August 7, 2011

8 Weeks and Counting

Well, the past few days have been a roller coaster ride.  I feel a lot like a hermit right now because anything and everything I do makes me feel sick so all I want to do is hide in my room until it goes away.

Wednesday was the first day and what I was hoping would be the last day of getting sick.  Being sick knocked me on my butt all day - I couldn't eat or drink, which made everything 10 times worse.

Thursday was fine - we had no power from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. which was not cool at all, but I survived.

Friday was....hell.  Not only did I have nausea and vomiting, I also had a severe migraine that made the other symptoms a million times worse.  I believe I ate a total of 8 saltine crackers the whole day.

Anyway, I am seriously thinking my 10 a.m. theory is right.  The two days that I was sick, I woke up/got up before 10 a.m.

Today, I forced myself to stay in bed until 10 a.m., which I believe was a great idea.  Although I didn't feel 100% today, I didn't get sick!  So to start off my day I flipped on the TV and started watching Saturday morning cartoons.  

Talk about feeling like a kid again...it felt like the old days when I didn't feel well and stayed home from school and got to watch cartoons in bed.  I even watched the Magic School Bus, which made my day - it took me back to my Pelham Road Elementary school days.  I believe we used to get to watch Reading Rainbow and the Magic School Bus every Friday, which was always the highlight of my week.

Anyway, as of today I am 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  The baby has graduated from a blueberry to a raspberry according to TheBump.com.  It's crazy to think the baby is so small but has already started forming its arms and legs and is actually starting to move a bit.

Here's the Bump's explanation of week 8 (read the description - it makes me laugh)

Baby's now the size of a raspberry!
Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.




"Baby is growing like mad" -  Ha ha - what a funny way to say how much the baby is growing.  

Here's another description of what's going on with the baby right now:


your baby at 8 weeks
  • You can't feel it yet, but she's moving those arms and legs like crazy!
  • Her fingers and toes are now only slightly webbed, and her tail (yes, she had one) is gone.
  • Fun fact: her taste buds are now forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment