Friday, July 29, 2011

Sympathy Belly?

Have you ever heard of a father-to-be taking on the symptoms of his pregnant wife?  Well, I hadn't heard of that until now.

Over the past few weeks my pregnancy symptoms have been mostly along the lines of nausea....nausea...and more nausea..but luckily no vomiting...yet.  Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.  Of the many pregnancy symptoms I've had, craving certain foods has not really been one of them.

Although I haven't been craving any weird foods, Rudy has!  It's like Rudy is taking on the pregnancy symptoms that I am not experiencing yet.

Last night, after eating his dinner he had this weird craving for corn.  He wanted corn and he wanted it immediately - it was funny to watch him scavenging through our little pantry trying to find a can of corn.  Finally he found a can and started eating the corn without even bothering to heat it up.

That wasn't the only instance when he had a strange craving - he had one or two other cravings last week late at night, but I didn't think anything of it until last night when he said, "Baby, I think I'M pregnant" right before he went hunting for a can of corn.

How funny is it to think that sometimes husbands take on pregnancy symptoms too while their wives are pregnant?  I read that some men even start getting a "sympathy belly," which is when the man starts showing like he is pregnant - crazy, huh?

I sure hope I start having cravings soon for any kind of food because this nausea and no appetite thing is not fun.

Anyway, I am officially 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  Here's a little information from TheBump.com about week 7:


Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment