Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seriously?

Well, if it's not one thing it's another...I'm sick!  No, not with morning sickness, but with a cold from hell.  My throat is killing me and I can't breathe through my nose - and I'm sneezing ALL the time.  I've been feeling crappy the past two days, but boy did I wake up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me while I was sleeping this morning.  Don't the doctors say that if your mucus is yellow then you have an infection? Yuck - I hope this isn't an infection.

OK - on a different note...

According to my doctor and TheBump.com, I am around 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant - which is clearly not far along at all.  After finding out that Rudy and I are having our first child, we wanted to tell EVERYONE and we did - but was this a good idea?

After telling everyone our news, I started reading all those books/websites/magazines and came to find out we probably shouldn't have told everyone....yet.  Apparently the best time to tell everyone the good news is around or after 12 weeks pregnant - whoops, I totally missed that memo!  The reason being is because so many women have miscarriages during the first 12 weeks - well we've already had our miscarriage scare, so hopefully we won't have anymore!

Anyway, according to TheBump.com, our baby is the size of a sweet pea.  Holy moly that's small! I still can't believe you can hear the baby's heart beat when it's the size of a sweet pea - incredible, right??



Baby's now the size of a sweet pea!

Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.







So far my symptoms have been pretty normal - nausea, heart burn, acid indigestion, and others that are just too much information - ha ha.  Oh and acne!  I have never had more than one or two pimples at a time on my face before and now I have them everywhere!  I thought you were supposed to look the best you ever have while you're pregnant...ha ha, guess that's not the case for me quite yet.

Well, I can honestly say I have not been craving anything - I don't want to eat or drink.  Just thinking about food makes me want to throw up all over the place.  Sometimes there's a very short window when I am hungry and well if I don't eat immediately - forget it! I have to eat as soon as I feel hungry because once that short window passes, nothing is going down without being forced down.

So now that I've spent a lot of my morning blogging - I guess I better do something a little more productive...homework.  Luckily homework is another thing that will keep me busy while on bed-rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment