Monday, July 25, 2011

Holy Hormones

OK - If you think PMS is bad, wait until you're pregnant.  Yesterday was a terrible day for me and everyone around me.  I was not a happy camper.  It's funny now, but yesterday not so much.

Yesterday started off with a stopped up nose, swollen itchy eyes, a sore throat, and NO appetite whatsoever.  You know how they say you feel the worst if you're sick when you just wake up? Well, they aren't lying, but they are a tad bit wrong.  I felt like death...all...day...long.

Although I felt terrible, things started looking up when I felt super productive to do all of my homework.  Yesterday I was in charge of putting my team's paper together, editing it, and adding the conclusion.  I also had an individual assignment that I had been working on most of the day too.

It was a perfect time to get all of my homework done because Rudy had the night off from "take care of wifey duty" so I wouldn't have any distractions.  Little did he know he'd be coming home to a very irritable, pregnant, wifey.

Anyway, I was super stoked to have gotten all my homework done around 7 PM, but then what I thought was turning out to be a decent night turned into hell.

Everything stopped working.  The most important thing that stopped working was my student website!  I had been working my behind off ALL day to find out that I wouldn't be turning in my assignment due to an internet server malfunction.  I called my school's technical support thinking maybe it was a school-wide problem, but no. After 4 hours of trying to get in touch with technical support, I find out it was just MY problem.  Not only could I not log in to my student website, I couldn't find my teacher's or team members' e-mail addresses to let them know what was going on.

Then the panic set in.  I was supposed to have my team paper turned in yesterday so everyone could review it and make any necessary changes, but that wasn't happenin'.  I'm the type of person who can't stand when people make excuses for why they couldn't get their work turned in on time and I so didn't want my team to think that about me.

Rudy finally came home, but he probably shouldn't have - ha ha.  I'm pretty sure I ripped him a new one for no good reason just because I was still trying to get in touch with technical support when he walked in.  Then again, I guess it was good that he came in because he was able to talk the crazy out of me to just go to sleep because there was not a darn thing I could do at that point.

Well, I wake up this morning, still feeling like I am falling apart, only to find out that my student website still wasn't working.  Before I could get back into crazy mode Rudy made me pack my things so he could take me somewhere that has a different internet service.

Thank God I have an awesome husband because I probably would have had a heart attack this morning trying to figure out how the heck to sign into my student website.  Luckily I was able to get all of my assignments in on time today.

Oh and of course as soon as we got home from being gone most of the morning and afternoon, my student website was working at my house.  Oh the joys of living in Costa Rica.

On the bright side, I have a super awesome hubby who has been going above and beyond to take care of me and our little sweet pea.

Now that I finished writing this I can't believe how much I freaked out yesterday - makes me wonder how my hormones are going to be the rest of this pregnancy...oh goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment