Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Pea to Blueberry

Well, I am currently 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant - still extremely early in my pregnancy, but I feel as if I've already been through so many changes.  From week 6 to week 7 the baby graduates from a sweet pea to a blueberry.  I am still having trouble understanding how the heck we heard our baby's heart beat when he/she was the size of a sweat pea - amazing!

Anyway, since I am on bed-rest for the next while I decided to do a fun little survey for my blog.

About the mommy!
Name: Stephanie
Hair color: Brown with blonde highlights
Eye color: Blue
First child?: Yes!

About the daddy!
Name: Rudy
Hair color: Dark brown
Eye color: Green
First child?: Yes!

Finding out!!
What day did you find out?: Wednesday, July 6, 2011
How did you feel when you found out?: Surprised/Ecstatic/Overjoyed/the list goes on and on!
Who was with you?: Rudy - well, he was asleep.
Who was the first person you told?: Mama L
How did they react?: She had the best reaction - "Well, it's about damn time!" LOL
How did the daddy react?: He almost jumped through the roof with excitement - he's been wanting kids since we met.

Telling the grandparents!
How did your parents react?: They were so so excited - both had amazing reactions.
How did his parents react?: They were both ecstatic.
Are they helping with baby names?: No
Have they bought anything for the baby yet?: Probably not yet since it's so early in the pregnancy, but I know they are going to spoil this baby!
How often do they call to check on you?: Every day

About the pregnancy!
When was your first appointment?: July 14, 2011
When is your due date?: March 15, 2012
How far along are you?: 6 weeks 6 days
Have you had any ultrasounds?: Yes
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes!! On July 22, 2012
What was the heartbeat?: around 126 beats per minute

Sex of the baby!
Are you finding out the sex or will you wait until birth?: We definitely want to know the sex of the baby before!
What do you want?: A healthy baby!
What does the daddy want?: A healthy baby! Although he does believe it will be a girl!
What do you think you are having?: Everyone seems to think it's a girl, but I have no idea.
Have you had your big ultrasound yet?: Nope, not yet.
Are you & daddy happy with what you are having?: Of course we are - even though we don't know the sex yet :)

About the birth!
Do you know what you are taking with you?: Not yet
Who is going to be with you?: Rudy!
Are you going to videotape it?: Um...I'm not sure - it's up to Rudy.
Natural or medicated?: I'm probably going to go with medicated.
Do you think you will need a c-section?: Not sure - although all 3 of my Mom's pregnancies were c-section - not sure if that will affect me.
Will you cry with you hold your baby for the first time?: Of course I will - I cried like a baby when I heard our baby's heart beat for the first time.
Do you think the daddy will cry?: I absolutely know he will.
Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold him/her?: I love you
Are you scared about the labor?: Heck yes - only because of the pain.

Names!!
Do you have a name picked out?: Well, we did, but now that I am pregnant I think I want to change them - ha ha.
Girl names...: Madison Isabella, Isabella Marie, Katina Marie - still searching.
Boy names...: Andres Jesus - we need to do a little more thinking about boy names.
Is your baby going to be named after someone?: Possibly - Andres after my Daddy and brother, Jesus is Rudy's middle name. 

Other random questions!!
Where was your baby conceived?: In Costa Rica!!!
Have you felt the baby move?: Not yet.
What race(s) will your baby be? From you and daddy?: Caucasian - our little Inca Greek American
What was your first symptom?: Severe heartburn 
Will your baby have godparents?: Yes
Who will the god mommy be?: Elizabeth Sheets Leventis (Sister-in-law)
Who will the god daddy be?: Jason Andrew Leventis (Brother), Andrew Peter Leventis (Brother)
What is the baby's room theme?: Not sure yet.  Still trying to decide where we're going to be living by then.
What is your favorite pregnancy book?: What to Expect When You're Expecting
What do you look forward to doing again once you are no longer pregnant?: Surfing and working out - since I'm on bed-rest I can't do hardly anything...
What physical and other features do you hope the baby will get from daddy?: His eyes, skin color, sense of humor, his athletic build (if a boy)
What physical and other features do you hope the baby will get from you?: curly blonde hair (had blonde hair when I was born until around 4 years old), my hands and feet, my athletic build (if a girl), my intelligence (ha ha)
Is he ready to be a daddy?: Yes and he will be the best Daddy on the planet!
Are you ready to be a mommy?: Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment