Monday, January 2, 2012

Blame It On The Holidays

Rudy, Kosta, and I spent our first Christmas in the U.S. together this year...or "last year" since today is January 2, 2012.  (It's going to take me a while to get used to writing 2012).  We had such a great time seeing everyone and eating all the good food.  I think Kosta and I enjoyed the food a little too much.

And this is where I begin to blame it on the holidays.  OK - so when I arrived in the United States on December 10th I had no idea how much weight I gained since my last visit three months before.  I had my first appointment on the 15th for a little check-up, glucose test, and ultrasound.  I was so surprised to find out that I had only gained 10 pounds so far going into my 7th month of pregnancy.

Little did I know that would all change while being in the U.S. for 3 weeks for the holidays.  My next appointment was a little over 2 weeks after my first and I knew I gained weight since my stomach was starting to look like a watermelon.  Well, I was right - I gained 6 pounds!  I was freaking out because just 3 weeks before I had only gained 10 pounds the entire pregnancy.  Luckily the doctor reassured me that I am still gaining the right amount of weight.

I am hoping I will be able to keep my weight on track now that I am back in Costa Rica.  I know I eat healthier while I am here so it shouldn't be a problem...I think? Ha ha.

Anyway, I am currently 30 weeks and a day pregnant today.  I can't believe it's been a month since my last post - I'm such a slacker!  Well, I guess this means its time to reveal the damage the holidays have done so far - ha ha.



So there you have it...my belly is not so little anymore.  Guess it was only a matter of time until it blew up like a balloon :)  People keep telling me it's all baby - I hope they're not just saying that so I won't get my feelings hurt...because I highly doubt anyone would say "Wow Stephanie, you've gained weight and it's not all baby"  Oh well...guess a little white lie won't hurt right now ;)

Anyway, the past month was a busy one.  We are still trying to prepare for Kosta, which is kind of hard to do all the way from here.  I think we have the basics together so far - crib, changing table/dresser, pack'n'play playard, stroller/car seat, infant carriers, etc...  We're still working on getting the nursery together, which is going to be amazing since I have the help of the best mama and sister-in-law in the world!

Well, I guess it's time for me to sign off - I am starting to get distracted and lose my train of thought..thanks to pregnancy brain!  I'll come back later and do an update of pregnancy highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment