Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Christmas is just around the corner and for me that means...going home to South Carolina to be with family and friends!  It will be the first time I've been home for Christmas since 2007, and this time I get to bring the love of my life with me!!

I don't know about everyone else, but I have been catching up on holiday movies and music since Thanksgiving day.  It just puts me in such a good mood when I'm feeling a little homesick.  Not only have I been catching up on holiday movies and music, I've also been catching up on yummy holiday foods! Side note - baking a cake for no reason at all is one of the WORST possible things a pregnant woman can do. Ha ha.

Anyway, here's my belly picture update for 26 weeks and 1 day.

Side View

 From the Front

My belly is growing and growing and... it kind of freaks me out.  It is crazy to think that it's getting bigger and bigger everyday.

Here an update:

How far along: 26 Weeks and 1 Day

Size of Baby: Eggplant 

Movement: Kosta is still kicking and karate chopping in there.  He kicks the most right when I lie down to go to sleep.  Now I can feel him kick and punch at two ends of my stomach at the same time - it's crazy!

Sleep: OK - sleep is starting to gradually fade away.  I guess this is God's way of getting me prepared for the sleepless nights with baby Kosta.  I just cannot seem to get comfortable anymore - as soon as I lie down for bed my back starts killing me.

Cravings: I'm still craving sweets.  After eating lunch or dinner I always feel like I have room for dessert.  I try very very hard not to give in to those cravings, but sometimes I just can't help it.  

Sick?:  Today I woke up feeling awful.  I'm not sure what it was, but I was in so much pain.  My stomach as well as my chest and back were killing me.  I could hardly breathe because it hurt so badly.  I ended up taking a bath, which seemed to ease the pain.  I am feeling better now, thank God.

Showing yet?:  Absolutely...Rudy keeps having to tell me that I'm not getting fat, and that I am just pregnant.  Sometimes it's hard to look in the mirror and not get down about the fact that I am gaining weight.  It is unbelievable how much your body changes during pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes:  Same as last week...I can still wear my baggy summer clothes, but I have to wear maternity pants and stuff for winter time.

Belly Button In or Out?:  Still in...but I think it's gradually starting to poke out.

Weight gain: I'm not sure the exact number because I haven't been back to the doctor since the beginning of November.  I am somewhat "boycotting" the doctor here in Costa Rica because he keeps trying to prescribe me medicines for no reason and I don't like it.  I've talked to my doctor in the US and she says I'll be fine to wait until I get home to get check out there.

Missing anything?:  Being comfortable.  Sleep.  Surfing. Having a drink with friends - I didn't drink much anyway before I got pregnant, but now I miss having a drink when we're at social gatherings.  

High of the Week:  Watching Christmas movies and specials on TV! (Update to last week's update - WE SOLD THE CAR!)


No comments:

Post a Comment