Friday, January 27, 2012

Starting the Nursery

Well, we've finally started working on the nursery!  Over Christmas break, Rudy and I finally ordered the crib, dresser/changing table to put in the nursery.  Rudy got started on building everything as soon as the items arrived.



My brother, Jason, and my sister-in-law, Elizabeth, came over this past weekend to help start decorating the nursery.  They took over the painting of the nursery - they did an amazing job!  I am so thankful to have my family around to help out with preparing for Kosta's arrival.

Here are some pictures of the nursery so far...(I know I still have a long way to go before it's done.)

Jason taping up the room.

Elizabeth starting on the first wall.

Hard at work.

Progress!
 Green walls - one light and the other a little darker.

I don't think the pictures do the room justice because they don't capture the true color of the room.

Here are some more pictures with the furniture back in the room.

 Yes, I know the knobs on the drawers are different...I will be getting matching ones soon.



Now, I just have to finish getting the wall decorations, drapes, and some other things to finish up the nursery!  Thanks to my family for all of the help - I love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. i love the color(s), Steph!! Looks great! Isn't it so nice to have loving family helpers?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step y rudy que bonito esta quedando el dormitorio del bb ya no veo las horas de verlo con Kostita en su cuna se va a llenar el cuarto de olor de bb un beso a los 2 los amo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Primo!!! congratulations to you both! baby Diaz will be a March baby!! all the Diaz babies like March, mine included! March 27, 29, 31 and now... what is the due date for baby Diaz??
    The nursery looks beautiful! love the color! papa Rudy looks so proud and happy!
    I wish you a hapy, fast, healthy and painless delivery! : )
    BTW I am Rudy's cousin Silvia from FL

    ReplyDelete