Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's official....

Well, it's official...I can no longer see my feet!  I looked down the other day before stepping into the shower and was surprised to NOT see my feet anymore!  I kept trying to stand in a different position so that I could see them, but it was just not happening.  Guess it was bound to happen sometime..ha ha.

Anyway, a lot has been going on since my last post.  Rudy and I flew back to Costa Rica on the 31st of December only for me to have to turn around and fly back on the 10th of January.  I wasn't supposed to be coming back until around 35 weeks pregnant, which was around February 6th; however, I wasn't feeling very well so I came home early.

Rudy and I decided it was best for me to come on home because we don't have a car anymore, which meant if there was an emergency, we'd be in big trouble.  It also doesn't help that the closest hospital is an hour and a half away, and the ambulances there are highly unreliable.

When I got to Costa Rica on the 31st, everything started going downhill.  I felt terrible - I had nosebleeds almost every night, upset stomach, very high and very low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, and many other crazy symptoms.  My first thought was that I was developing preeclampsia, which may develop into toxemia.  My Mama had toxemia with my older brother, Drew, so I knew it was possible that I am at risk as well.

Since my return to the US, I've been to my doctor quite a few times because she was also worried that I may be developing preeclampsia.  Luckily, after many blood tests, urine tests, and another ultrasound, I do not have preeclampsia.  After all my labs came back with good results, we decided all of my symptoms were probably related to the change in environment as well as stress.

Anyway, I believe I promised pregnancy highlights in my previous post so here we go:

How far along: 32 weeks and 3 days

Size of baby: Squash (according to my ultrasound, he's weighing in around 3 lbs!!)

Movement: Definitely a lot of movement.  I know they say the movement will slow down because he will get bigger and not have as much room, but his kicks and punches seem more frequent as well as stronger.

Sleep:  Some nights I sleep well and others not so well.  Last night was a not-so-well kind of night - I just couldn't get comfortable because I think he was pressing on my sciatic nerve, which was making my back ache and leg numb.

Cravings:  Sweets...and more sweets! Any kind of sweets!!  I have a big assortment bag with laffy taffy/sweetarts/gobstoppers/nerds...BAD IDEA!

Sick?:  I was, but I am feeling a lot better.

Showing yet?:  Ohhhh yeeeeah. I cannot see my feet anymore :( hahaha

Maternity clothes: Yep!  However, I do not have enough...guess I need to go shopping!

Belly button in or out?: It's finally an OUTIE!

Weight gain: I'd rather not talk about it...haha

Missing anything?:  My husband!! I miss him so so so much.  It's hard not having him around for this time...I know he'll be here in a month or so, but it's hard going to sleep at night without him.  I miss him a lot, especially whenever Kosta kicks because I want to scream "Babe, come feel Kosta!!" but he's not here :(

High of the week:  Finding out that I don't have preeclampsia.  It's been a stressful time so getting that news was the best thing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment