Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Kai Alexander Diaz

Time for a MAJOR update! I've been so slack keeping up with my blog this pregnancy (sorry Kai!) As you can see from the title, our little one on the way will be named Kai Alexander Diaz. Kai (rhymes with BYE - http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/kai) has always been a name that Rudy and I both loved and we thought it fits perfectly into our little life.  Kai in Hawaiian means "the sea" and in Greek "Keeper of the Keys/Earth". At first, we couldn't decide on a middle name - Rudy loved just Kai Diaz without a middle name, but finally it came to us...Alexander.  Kai Alexander is such a powerful name and perfect fit for our baby boy.

Quick Update:

How Far Along: 26 weeks

Size of Baby: According to The Bump, Kai is the size of a head of lettuce.  Between 13-14" long and weighs approximately 1.5-2.5 lbs.

Movement: Absolutely! He seems so relaxed during the day, but as soon as I lie down to sleep he starts doing jumping jacks, karate chops, and karate kicks.

Sleep: Not so good - low back pain/sciatic nerve pain keeps me up at night. My whole left side aches from the low back pain so it takes a while to get in a comfortable position.  I did buy a snoogle (awesome pregnancy pillow) that helps BIG time - I'd be dying if I didn't have it!

Cravings: I've been craving hamburgers and french fries! BUT, I haven't indulged.  I'm trying my best to eat as well as I can because the weight is packing on a lot quicker than before - I don't want to overdo it.

Sick: No nausea or vomiting this pregnancy, thank goodness! However, I've been having super low blood pressure and fainting spells during the 2nd trimester. I'm hoping it'll get better as I go into the 3rd trimester.

Showing yet: Absolutely - I've been showing for a while now.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah, definitely. Can't live without them!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in as of this week! lol - I'm sure any day now it'll be poking out.

Weight Gain: A lot! ha ha... I am definitely bigger than I was before at 26 weeks. But, I am also a different shape - my tummy looks different this time around.

Missing Anything: Deli sandwiches, a good night's sleep, and my almost-six-pack! I'll be happy when sweet Kai is here so I can work on getting a six pack again..lol.



Now it's on to my awesome baby shower! Or "Sprinkle" as we were calling it since we're having another boy.  My incredible sister-in-law, Elizabeth, threw me the sweetest baby "sprinkle".  It was perfect! We played games (Guess the Baby Food and The Price is Right), ate yummy food, enjoyed cake, and so much more! I am so grateful for my amazing family and friends.

Here are some pictures from the party:





















No comments:

Post a Comment