Tuesday, November 22, 2011

24 Weeks 5 Days and GROWING!

Well, I am currently 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant..and the belly is still growing! Ha ha.  Anyway, I thought I'd post a belly update as well as some pregnancy highlights so far.


How far along: 24 Weeks 5 Days

Size of Baby: Papaya

Movement:  Most definitely.  He kicks me all the time.  However, I can't seem to figure out what exactly is hitting me - hands, head, or feet? Most of the time it feels like he's karate chopping me and then other times it feels like he's stretching his little body out as much as he can.

Sleep: I do sleep, but I am not quite sure if it is good sleep.  I wake up a lot throughout the night to pee or move around.  My back bothers me a lot as well - my lower back aches all night, which tends to get uncomfortable.  I sleep on my left side like the doctors say to do, and that's the side that hurts the most...oh well.

Cravings: Well, my appetite has really started to pick up these last two weeks.  However, I don't really have any strange cravings.  I do love my sweets and cheeses.  I have been making a lot of casseroles lately - I guess I'm missing Southern foods...I take that back, I do have cravings - I want to eat deli sandwiches all the time, but pregnant woman aren't supposed to eat deli meat...I'm not sure if I am really craving them or if it's because I'm not allowed to eat them..haha.

Sick?: Not anymore, thank God. (And knock on wood...)  I had some trouble while we were traveling in Peru.  I got food poisoning from a hamburger here in Costa Rica and it lasted for almost two weeks. Stupid bacteria...ugh.  I felt TERRIBLE, which ended up dehydrating me and baby Kosta so I had to go to the hospital to get an IV for fluids.

Showing yet?: Yep!  Just kind of popped these last two weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Kind of...I can still wear most of my summer clothes, which is good because it's hot as heck here in Costa Rica.  On the other hand, all of my winter clothes are maternity clothes.

Belly Button In or Out?:  As of right now, in!  But it looks like it's starting to become an outy!  I officially took out my belly button ring last night - haven't seen the inside of my belly button since I had it pierced in the 8th grade...ha ha.  It looks so strange to me!

Wedding ring On or Off?: Most definitely on :)

Missing anything?: Surfing...I miss it so so much!  It's hard to go to the beach and not want to take my surfboard with me.  I miss exercising everyday - ever since I was on bed rest in the beginning I have no motivation to do anything - super frustrating. Oh well - in a few more months I'll be dying to shed the pounds.

High of the Week:  Possibly selling our car - just waiting for the $ to hit my account and sign some papers!!  That means we're one step closer to moving to the US, which makes me really really happy :)

Anyway, those are the highlights for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment