Monday, March 31, 2014

Little Surfer BABIES!!

Yep, you read that right! We are proud to announce we are expecting baby number two this (early) November!!  I know what some people may be thinking "they are announcing pretty early if the baby is due in November."  Well, here's why.  I have been DYING to tell everyone! (Plus, it will be hard to hide with a growing belly! ha ha)

We've been teetering on when to announce it because we had quite a tough year last year.  Last year, we lost 2 babies.  The first was a miscarriage and the second turned out to be ectopic. Both losses were extremely tough, but we are blessed with great friends and family who supported us so much during those times. Here's the thing...no one really talks about miscarriages, but the truth is...they are SO common (unfortunately). Ectopic pregnancies on the other hand are not as common - and I was unlucky to be part of that statistic.

That being said, I just couldn't wait any longer to announce it. If for some reason something happens (praying it won't), then I just have to keep telling myself that God has other plans for us and it'll happen when the time is right.

So enough of the debbie downer talk! WE'RE PREGNANT!! YAY!!

I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks on March 19th before I left for my cruise.  Everything looked great! Our sweet baby's heartbeat was 148 bmp.


Does it amaze anyone else that you can already hear the baby's heartbeat when it's only the size of a blueberry?!?! I mean, holy moly! I know I went through this with Kosta, but it still blows my mind that you can hear the heartbeat when they are that tiny!

So here's how I'm feeling....nauseous and tired! Like so tired that I'm about to fall asleep while typing this and it's 12:00 pm.  By this time with Kosta, I was experiencing nausea, vomiting, severe heartburn, 12 lb weight-loss, and major food aversions.  I could hardly eat anything at the beginning with Kosta, which is why I lost so much weight. 

With this pregnancy, I'm experiencing nausea, super heightened sense of smell, exhaustion, some food aversions, and weight gain (ugh hahaha).  Pretty much all I can stomach with this pregnancy so far includes bread, potatoes, pasta, and tons of other carbs :( It crazy to see how different each pregnancy is as far as cravings, aversions, etc. 

Okay Mommies - based on my symptoms/cravings/aversions - any guesses on the gender?

1 comment:

  1. It's a girl a girl!!!!! That was Lilianas heart rate. Healthy and happy is best but still think a girl. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete