Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ouchie!

Dear Sweet Kosta,

Yesterday was your "two-month" check-up (it was a little over a week earlier than it was supposed to be.)    I was so sad all day because I knew I would have to take you to your appointment at 1:40 PM and you would be getting your vaccinations.  However, I was extremely excited to find out how much you have grown since you were born.

Here are your measurements at 7 weeks and 3 days old on April 25, 2012:

Height: 23 1/2 inches (90 percentile)

Weight: 12 lbs. 11 oz. (75 percentile)

Head: 38 1/2 cm. (55 percentile)

You are growing up so fast - it's amazing.  I do wish you would slow down just a bit so I can enjoy you being this small, but then again I can't wait to see you walk and talk!

On to the sad part...the shots!  Gamma tried to prepare me for your shots, but it was impossible to be prepared.  Daddy was holding you when it was time for your shots.

First, the nurse gave you the polio vaccine.  You loved that one because it was a liquid that you had to drink.  I think it was sweet or something because you just sucked it down like a happy little boy.

Then it was time for your shots. Daddy held on to your little hands while the nurse gave you 3 shots - two in one leg and one in the other leg.  I stood behind Daddy watching you from over his shoulder.

You cried a cry I have never heard before because it was a cry of real pain.  I burst into tears immediately (I am crying again just thinking/writing about it).  Daddy said you squeezed his hands real tight when the mean nurse gave you your shots.  It took a little while to calm you down, but it took even longer to calm me down!  You were so brave though.  As soon as we got back into the car you were content.

Here is a picture of Daddy trying to cheer you up when we got back home...Daddy is the BEST and he loves you more than anything:


See your little boo-boos? :(

When we got home you were a little fussy.  I think because your legs were sore from the shots.  We could tell all you wanted to do was sleep so we immediately put you in your PJs.  You were worn out after your doctor's appointment and pretty much slept the rest of the day.

See how worn out you were:


By the way, you love sleeping in your Daddy's arm pit.  I'm not sure why, but you always bury your little face there!  :)

Anyway, today was definitely a better day than yesterday.  You're still pretty worn out from your shots, but you seem to be a lot happier.

Here are a few updates from the past month:

-You are really starting to smile and recognize everyone

-You are starting to giggle a lot and not just in your sleep!

-You giggle A LOT when Uncle Drew (Tio Andres) talks to you..he's so silly!

-You can hold and shake your rattle now - it makes you really happy

-You LOVE trying to stand up...your little legs are so strong

-You get the hiccups all the time and you hate them...luckily you don't have them 3 or 4 times a day like you did when you were inside my tummy

-You prefer sleeping on your tummy...but you have to sleep on your back a night, which makes you a little fussy (you're sleeping on your tummy right now as I type)

-You still don't have a set "schedule" of when you eat and sleep...however, you do sleep most during the day

-You LOVE hanging out with Gamma...especially when she takes you for a walk around her garden

Here's a picture of you in Gamma's arms today (4/26/12)


Gamma has the magic touch and can get you to fall asleep in a heartbeat.  I told her today that she must be the "baby whisperer" because you always fall asleep in her arms.

-You finally got to meet Papou (Grandpa) on April 25, 2012.  He works in Saudi Arabia and only gets to come home every 3 months.  We've talked to him a few times on skype so he could see you, but this was the first time he got to see you in person.



Well, it is starting to storm and you're starting to wake up (I think because of the thunder).  

Daddy and I love you so so much sweetie.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment