Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Silly Boy

So today we had another check up with the doctor here in Costa Rica.  Our little boy is looking quite healthy - he's already showing off his manly parts... HA HA! (You'll see it in the video I will post)

He's moving like crazy in there.  I may need to change the name of my blog to "Little Ninja Baby" because it's like he's doing karate or something in there.

All of the books and websites say you may be able to start feeling movement, but that you may mistake that movement for gas; however, I absolutely know that is him moving in there - the sensation is way different than gas or bloating.

You may be wondering, "well what does it feel like?"  Well, it's quite difficult to explain...some compare it to popcorn popping or butterfly flutters.  The only way I can explain it is as something tapping me from the inside, which is hardly an explanation because that is in fact what is happening.

All I can say is that it's an AMAZING feeling - the movements are making me feel like this pregnancy is real because I haven't started showing much yet (see pictures below).  However, I do have my pre-pregnancy weight back, which clearly pleased the doctor (not me so much..ha ha).



I am starting to actually like eating again, but it does hit me every once in a while when I'm like "yuck, I don't want to eat anything."  I'm dreading the "you just look fat phase" of pregnancy - I hope it goes straight to a "for real bump"... ha ha ha.

Anyway, I am 17 weeks and 2-4 days pregnant (the doctor in the US says I am 17 weeks 2 days and the doctor here says 17 weeks 4 days...not a big difference).  

According to TheBump.com the baby is the size of an onion, which seems strange to me because he was the size of an avocado last week - seems like it should be the other way around, but I guess it depends on the size of the onion.

Here is some information from TheBump.com about week 17.


your baby's the size of an onion!
Baby's continues to beef up. Now he's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.

your baby at 17 weeks
  • His rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And he's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • He's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.


I am having trouble uploading the video so I will have to try later!

No comments:

Post a Comment