Monday, October 17, 2011

Peru, Here We Come!

So...I just realized I have not posted in a while so I thought this would be the perfect time - while waiting for our plane to Peru.  We've been in the San Jose airport since 7:30 a.m., and it is now 2:45 p.m.  Our flight was supposed to leave at 10:30 a.m., but it has been delayed until 4:00 p.m.

It has been a long day in the airport to say the least.  However, Taca Airlines did feed us and gave each passenger $200 compensation for our long wait.  We're going to try to use the $200 toward other flights within Peru.  We're hoping to visit Northern Peru because they have some deals right now.

Anyway, our little surfer/ninja baby has been behaving very well, except for a few punches and kicks every now and then.  He starts kicking a lot when Papi talks to him - we were listening to his heart beat the other day and when Rudy would talk to him, his heart rate would speed up!

He also starts kicking when it's time to eat or if we're listening to music - I can't decide if he starts kicking because he doesn't like the song or if he's dancing in there! Ha ha.

Well, I am a little over 19 weeks pregnant and I have finally started showing!  I will post pictures when I get a chance, which will most likely be when we get back from our trip - I will definitely be showing a lot by then because we'll be eating plenty of yummy Peruvian food on our trip.  I keep having to tell myself that I'm not just getting fat, there's a baby in there! Ha ha.

According to TheBump.com our little boy is the size of a mango.  It definitely feels like I swallowed a mango!  Here's some more information from the site:



your baby's the size of a mango!
At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, he's getting there!














your baby at 19 weeks
  • Developing a protective coating over his skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at his birth.
  • Working on his five senses. Nerve cells for his sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.













Well, it looks like our plane has arrived so I will have to finish my post later!

No comments:

Post a Comment