Monday, February 18, 2013

Don't Blink

So I heard the song "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney on the radio the other day and of course I started boo-hooing.  I always boo-hoo through that song, but I especially do now that I have my little surfer baby in my life. It's true - it feels like yesterday we were holding you in our arms for the first time and then I blinked and now you're turning one in two weeks.  I wish I could slow down time to keep you a baby forever, but I am so excited for the future.

Here's a little update on you since Christmas:

Your schedule goes a bit like this (by the way, you're FINALLY sleeping through the night!):

  • Wake up around 7:25 am.  
  • Drink your bottle by 8 am.
  • Play until 10 am, then go down for a nap.
  • Wake up around 12-12:30 pm.
  • Eat lunch and play until 3 pm (I put you down at 3 before Daddy gets here or else you'll be awake all day!)
  • Wake up for dinner at 5-5:15 pm.
  • Bath time 6:30 pm.
  • Play until bedtime at 8 pm.

You eat anything and everything, ESPECIALLY whatever Mommy, Daddy, or Gamma is eating.  It doesn't matter if you're full or not, if we're eating something, you want it too.  You're so over eating baby food.  You love foods with texture and you love feeding yourself.  Lately, you and I have been drinking fresh fruit smoothies with our lunch, which seems to be your favorite. You clap and giggle while Mommy makes your smoothie, which makes it so much fun for me. Your smoothies normally consist of pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, mandarins, bananas, and grapes. Also, you LOVE water! I swear you'd drink two liters of water if we let you. Ha ha :)

Your bottom teeth finally came in on January 13, 2013! We were very fortunate that it didn't seem to bother you much.  You did however have a little cold that went along with it, but it was mainly just a runny nose.  You used to nibble on us with your gums, but now we're having to teach you not to because your little baby teeth are sharp!  Here's a pictures of your precious teeth:



On to a semi-negative note.  You had to have surgery on your tear ducts in your right eye on February 8, 2013.  Unfortunately your tear ducts did not unblock themselves before your first birthday, which is why the doctor encouraged the surgery.  If we had decided to wait, it would have been a lot worse in the future.  Luckily the surgery was fast and you recovered very well from it.  I think it was harder on Mommy and Daddy because we couldn't be there with you during the procedure.  Here are some pictures of you and Daddy waiting before the surgery:



On to a better note - you're sooooo close to walking! Now you're pulling up and letting go without fear.  Whenever I hold out my hand when you're standing, you'll grab one of my fingers and walk towards me, but I am barely supporting you.  Here's a little video of you standing by yourself.


You got to experience your first snow on February 16, 2013. You were napping while the snow was falling, but I took you outside as soon as you woke up so you could see the snowman Mommy built for you. You LOVED the snow, especially the part when you got to eat it!  Here are a few pictures:













Well, your birthday will be here in less than two weeks! I'm so excited because I have been working on decorations for the last month, which has been a fun activity for me. I can't wait for everything to come together - it's going to be a blast!

We love you to the moon and back sweet boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment